One of our aims is to offer support and provide a safe and confidential setting, in which those bereaved through stillbirth or neonatal death can share their experiences.Féileacáin (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Association of Ireland – SANDAI) is a newly formed, not for profit organisation ( CHY – 19635) that aims to offer support to anyone affected by the death of a baby during pregnancy or shortly after. The organisation was formed by a group of bereaved parents who supported each other after the death of their own babies and have now come together to formally offer support to other parents and families who find themselves in a similar situation.
The aims of Feileacain are:
– To provide hospitals with our memory boxes to be given to bereaved families.
– To offer a befriending service and support helpline.
– To host regular support meetings which allow bereaved families space and time to remember their baby.
– To offer support and provide a safe and confidential setting, in which those bereaved through stillbirth or neonatal death can share their experiences.
– To promote research into the causes of stillbirth and neonatal death and the effects of grief on the family.
– To work in co-operation with support services and other support organisations.
– To hold remembrance services and family events.