Health Service Executive – National Standards for Bereavement Care Following Pregnancy Loss and Perinatal Death
The following links are for information purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the view or opinion of Féileacáin.
Irish Based Charities
- Irish Premature Babies – A charity aimed at providing support and information for parents who have premature babies in Ireland.
- Monoamniotic Twins Ireland – A web-site which supports and guides you, and arms with you with the information you need to ensure your MoMo pregnancy is a happy, healthy and successful one.
- Taras Tiny Footprints – A charity that aims to benefit the community in Ireland by promoting research and greater awareness and information on the causes of stillbirth
- Baby Loss Awareness – A charity that aims to remember our babies and unite peoples lives who have been touched by the loss of a baby
- Soft Ireland – A Charity that is a support organisation for parents of babies born with Trisomy 13/18
- Anam Cara – Offering help and comfort for bereaved parents and siblings through their loss
- Roller Coaster – Online parent forum – pregnancy loss forum
- Irish Multiple Births Association – This charity offers a unique insight of parents and families of multiples during pregnancy and birth.
- The Miscarriage Association of Ireland – To provide help and support to anyone affected by the experience of a miscarriage.
- AIMS Ireland – Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services – Is a consumer led voluntary organisation to highlight and campaign for a normal birth and mother friendly birth practice.
- Nuture- Post Natal Depression Support Services -We support and give assistance to mothers, fathers, family and friends who are affected by Post Natal Depression (PND).
- Pregnancy Loss Clinic – CUMH – The aim of this clinic is to investigate the medical causes of pregnancy loss and to provide information and support to parents who experience pregnancy loss.
- Postnatal Depression Ireland – Post Natal Depression Ireland was founded in Cork, Ireland in 1992, it’s aim to provide support, help and friendship to those suffering from Post Natal Depression. 12 years on, we are the only support group for sufferers of PND in Ireland.
category/stillbirth – Action Medical Research; a British medical charity which, for over 60 years, has been funding research into rare diseases affecting children.
- https://www.facebook.com/miscarriagesupportgalway/ – Free of charge Miscarriage support service offered in Co. Galway.
UK Based Charities
- UK Sands – A UK charity providing support for bereaved parents and their families
- SANDS Northern Ireland – Sands is working to support bereaved parents and families, and to press for improvements in care during pregnancy and when a baby has died.
- Tiny Life – Northern Ireland’s premature and vulnerable baby charity, dedicated to reducing premature birth, illness, disability and death in babies.
- West London Sands – West London Sands is one of the regional groups provided by Sands, whose networks offer a voluntary service provided by previously bereaved parents. Sands are a registered charity providing an established support system for individuals, and families, affected by still, neonatal birth, or the death of a baby.
- So Go and Run Free – So Go and Run Free’s aims are: to raise awareness of stillbirth and neonatal death ;to offer support, understanding and empathy to families who have experienced baby loss.
International Based Charities
- The International Stillbirth Alliance – This is a non profit coalition of organisations dedicated to the causes and prevention of Stillbirth and to raise awareness of Stillbirth.
- SANDS Australia – Promoting awareness, knowledge, support and understanding following the death of a baby from the time of conception through to infancy.
- 1st Breath –1st Breath is committed to providing education, advocacy, and public awareness of stillbirth in addition to assisting families and medical professionals dealing with the death of a baby.
- Potter’s Syndrome – A support forum for anybody affected by the loss of a baby with Potter’s Syndrome.
- Yasminah’s Gift Of Hope –Yasminah’s Gift Of Hope offers Hope, Light, Love and Happiness to families who experience the miscarriage, premature birth, neonatal loss, stillbirth or infant loss of their child or diagnosis of a congenital abnormality during pregnancy with early ongoing support, understanding and a Gift Of Hope.
- March of Dimes – Working together to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defect, premature birth and mortality.
- Perinatal hospice – A website for families who receive a life-limiting prenatal diagnosis. It is a clearinghouse of information for parents as well as caregivers, including a list of perinatal hospice programs around the world.Perhaps you are considering continuing your pregnancy and embracing whatever time you may be able to have with your baby, even if that time is only before birth, while your baby is cradled safely inside of you. Please know that support is available (see the links on this site for perinatal hospice/palliative care programs and other resources) and that you are not alone.
- Cord Blood Banking – An organisation that provides information for expectant mothers and families considering cord blood banking in the US. This charity supports the American Cancer Society and the American Childhood Cancer Organisation (ACCO). Umbilical cord blood has helped children survive over 80 diseases including leukemia, lymphoma, and anemia and is now being used in older patients. Their mission is to help others understand how they can benefit and help save the lives of sick children in need.
- Cord Blood Banking – An organisation that provides information for expectant mothers and families considering cord blood banking in the US. Cord blood treats over 80 diseases including leukemia and lymphoma. Donations are painless and are being used to save the lives of children and adults around the world.
- CerebralPalsySymptoms – A website which provides the public with accurate and up to date information on the many aspects of cerebral palsy and other birth injury complications. They maintain a comprehensive free resource so those interested or concerned about their children can take actions to protect them. If you would like to get in touch their team be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malpractice Centre – An outreach team at the Medical Malpractice Center. They are a new group dedicated to providing vital information, tips, and resources to individuals and family members affected by medical negligence.
- Consumer Dangers Nursing Home – provide a comprehensive free resource for our seniors to stay protected from nursing abuse and to learn more about the different kinds of abuse to look out for.